The Crossquarter publishing group in Santa Fe just sent me their list of winners from the tenth CrossTIME Short Science Fiction Contest:
- Gary E. Finkenbinder (Glide, OR) “The Used Bookstore” 1st place
- Scott Lambert (Beulah, CO) “A Man and A Dog” 2nd place
- Jason E. Hodges (Newberry, FL) and Laura Hodges Poole (Anderson, SC) “The Harbor” 3rd place
- Matthew Moroson (Flagstaff, AZ) “Sticky Lotus” 4th place
Honorable Mentions go to:
- Renana Unger Hannahs (Thunder Bay, ONT) “Saving A World”
- Joe Hinds (Florence, KY) “Alienation”
- Jason E. Hodges (Newberry, FL) “A Journey Home”
- John A. Holt, Jr. (Quincy, MA) “The Ole Betty”
- Aila Omar (Edmonton, Alberta) “The Falling”
- Eric Price (Laurens, IA/Florissant, MO) “Second Contact” and “Interstellar Snot-Blowing Competition”
- Thomas E. Robbins (Medfield, MA) “What Can One Man Do?”
- Ann E. Schwarz (Williamsburg, KY) “A Fairy Tale Come True”
These thirteen authors are featured in the CrossTIME Science Fiction Anthology, Vol. X, just released. The first four places received a cash award, as well as publication. This is the tenth annual contest, featuring science fiction, fantasy and urban fantasy stories of less than 7500 words that demonstrate the best of the human spirit. Submissions were received from around the globe, as well as judged by an international panel.
All of the CrossTIME anthologies are available through Amazon.com or the publisher. For more information, visit www.crossquarter.com or drop a note to info[at]crossquarter[dot]com.