I want to open this week’s post with a big shoutout to Lyn C. A. Gardner. She is a poet who has appeared on the pages of Tales of the Talisman and served as the chair for this year’s Rhysling Award given by the Science Fiction Poetry Association. Her poem “In Translation” won third place in the short poem category of this year’s Rhysling Award. Congratulations, Lyn!
Although blog awards don’t hold the same kind of prestige, I have nevertheless been honored this week to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from Marina Martindale. Be sure to drop by her blog and see what she’s been up to. She has a great blog with some excellent insights into writing and independent publishing.
The first rule associated with this award is that I’m supposed to tell you seven random things about me. Since I’m in the throes of the Tales of the Talisman reading period and trying to get a new issue out, and since it seems to fit the spirit of the award, I thought I’d shake this up a bit and give you seven things I did this week:
- Read stories for Tales of the Talisman.
- Edited stories for two issues of Tales of the Talisman.
- Wrote introduction to the summer issue of Tales of the Talisman.
- Began a new editing project for Sky Warrior Books.
- Paid royalties to authors whose work appeared in anthologies I edited.
- Installed a new computer in my office.
- Spent a day down with the stomach flu.
One of the purposes of these awards is to “pay it forward” and suggest other blogs that you might like. I’ve compiled a list of some great blogs I’ve discovered and will post them tomorrow at The Scarlet Order Vampires blog. Be sure to stop by and check it out. I’m sure you’ll find some great sites worth checking out!