I am honored to have been tagged with “One Lovely Blog Award by Kristina Perkins. She is an actress, a poet, and a force of nature. Be sure to visit her at katrinaperkins.wordpress.com
The rules for this award are:
- Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you and post the award at your site.
- Describe 7 things about yourself.
- Recommend 15 other bloggers
Seven random things about David Lee Summers
- I was voted “Best Writer in the Mesilla Valley” in the Las Cruces Bulletin’s Reader’s Choice Awards in 2001 and 2002.
- My “day” job at the observatory typically requires that I work from sunset (or a bit before) until sunrise.
- Despite that (or maybe because of it), I crave sunshine on my days away from the observatory and prefer to write during daylight hours.
- I love a good cup of coffee. It’s what allows me to swap schedules like I do!
- When I was a kid, my dad and I would watch horror movies and make snarky comments, a la Mystery Science Theater 3000. That’s probably why I tend to mix a sense of humor into my horror.
- Also when I was a kid, we used to drive across the country, which cultivated a life-long love of United States history, which I use in my steampunk fiction.
- One of my aunts was from Germany. From her, I discovered German language and culture, which in turn led me to a love of the original Grimms’ Fairy Tales, which have been an on-going source of inspiration for my fantasy stories.
Fifteen Blogs I like
Here are fifteen blogs I like. Some of these have appeared in other award posts I’ve done, but that’s just because they bear repeating!