This week, Bell Night presented me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Bell is a writer with a passion for the strange and mysterious who writes an interesting blog containing trivia about well known and historical authors. Thanks for the nomination, Bell. For the rest of you, go check out her blog!
As indicated by my link above, the Versatile Blogger Award has its own blog where you can find the rules. Of course, the goal of these awards is simply to allow us to “pay it forward” and recognize other bloggers plus provide an opportunity to answer some questions or cite some trivia about ourselves we might not cover in other blog posts.
My response to this particular nomination comes at the end of a busy week that has involved tracking asteroids, trying to set up a spectrograph for infrared observations before a blizzard came in, and weathering said blizzard at Kitt Peak National Observatory. I’ve just returned home where I plan to accept stories for coming issues of Tales of the Talisman Magazine, discuss some business with one of my publishers, and prepare for Wild Wild West Con and the Tucson Festival of Books which are both happening the weekend of March 8-10, 2013.
In the case of this award, I’m supposed to tell the person who nominated me seven things about myself. These seven things all have some relation to this past week.
- The first blizzard I remember happened during a family trip to Fort Tejon, in the Grapevine, north of Los Angeles.
- The first observatory I took data at was the Smith 24-inch telescope at Mount Laguna Observatory run by San Diego State University.
- I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- I also have a residence at Kitt Peak National Observatory outside of Tucson, Arizona where I work.
- Tales of the Talisman used to be known as Hadrosaur Tales.
- My first novel was The Pirates of Sufiro and it was originally released on audio cassette in 1994.
- The first convention I attended as a dealer, as a panelist, and as a guest was CopperCon, all in different years.
In the spirit of paying it forward, I’ll recommend some blogs I like to visit. Now, a lot of these folks are busy and I don’t expect most of them to respond to this award meme, but I’d nevertheless be delighted to see their answers if they choose to. Either way, you should go check out what these folks are up to!