Deby Fredericks, author of the wonderful fantasy novel, Seven Exalted Orders, nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” Deby’s blog looks at dragon lore and history from around the world. If you enjoy dragon stories, fantasy, or folklore, this is a site you don’t want to miss!
This blog award comes with the following rules: Thank the person who made the nomination. Post the award graphic. List seven things about myself. Recommend seven more blogs. So, without further ado, let me present seven random factoids about myself:
- I have two brothers and no sisters.
- Of my brothers, I’m the only one who wasn’t named for someone in the family.
- Despite that, I do share a name with a distant uncle—David Crockett.
- Neither my parents nor I knew that Davy Crockett was a distant uncle until I was well into my 40s.
- I am the only one of my brothers who is not a native Texan.
- One of my brothers is also a writer and publisher.
- Although I’ve never lived in Texas, I was on the staff of the award-winning literary magazine of El Paso Community College for several years.
Here are seven blogs that are worth taking a look at:
- Sean McLachlan’s Civil War Horror discusses the Trans-Mississippi Civil War and historical fiction plus sometimes veers off into historical fiction.
- Sky Warrior Books is one of my publishers and offers some great writing, publishing and marketing tips.
- J Alan Erwine is an author and editor with many interesting projects.
- Melinda Moore is an author, musician, dancer, and teacher who blogs about writing, shares guest blogs, and even the occasional recipe.
- Rick Novy presents writing tips and interviews with some very well known authors.
- Mike Brotherton maintains a wonderful blog that discusses astronomy, science fiction and where the two come together.
- STEAMED! Writing Steampunk Fiction is a blog with several contributors including Suzanne Lazear, Theresa Meyers, Maeve Alpin, and O.M. Grey, plus regular guest posts. If you want to see just how varied and wonderful the world of Steampunk can be, this is a great stop.