Wolfsinger Publishing has just released the anthology Different Dragons II, which includes my short story “The Dragon’s Keepers.” Here’s the description of the book.
What happens when dragons are dropped unexpectedly on your front door step from a company you’ve never heard of? In China, a dragon comes up with a unique solution on what to do with all those maidens! An amusement park is hounded by a sea monster the Indians had been feeding for centuries. Haunted by a ghostly dragon, a young woman flees across the snow wilderness, terrified her slaughter of the beasts means her own death. A family is murdered in the Middle East, and a dragon promises a young girl vengeance for their deaths. Are there dragons on a spaceship? You bet! Not to mention an usual dragon ride one pilot will never forget! And let’s not forget, how dragons can appear to be something they’re not, when protecting themselves or their family, from hidden magical dangers. These and other tales await within these pages of Different Dragons II.
In my short story “The Slayers,” I imagined a world where airship crews hunted dragons for the fuel that allows them to breathe fire. In “The Dragon’s Keepers,” I imagine that an airship captain of this world has come to realize dragons are intelligent and must be preserved. He has joined the fight to prevent the wanton destruction of dragons. With the help of a wizard’s daughter, he must find a way to stop a ritual dragon slaying.
Here’s the complete table of contents for the anthology:
- “Introduction: These are the Tales” by Dana Bell
- “The Dragon’s Keepers” by David Lee Summers
- “The Stalker” by Lynn Donovan
- “Such is the Jungle” by Quincy Allen
- “Changling” by Rebecca McFarland Kyle
- “Suntosun Shipping” by G.L. Francis
- “Of the Generation” by Therese Arkenberg
- “Dot’s Lunch – The Watchers along the Line” by Dave With
- “His Lucky Color is Gold” by Rebecca Leo
- “Hargmir, Ghost of Dragons” by David Turnbull
- “Space Wings” by H.A. Titus
- “Asim’s Gift” by Kathryn S. Renta
- “Mr. Long’s School for Girls” by Rob S. Rice
- “Bessie Returns” by Christine Hardy
- “Amélie’s Guardian” by Bryan Thomas Schmidt
Different Dragons II is available at Amazon.com and Smashwords. What’s more, if you buy the book from Smashwords enter the code ED26N on checkout for a 25% discount as long as you visit before October 15. If you’d like to go back and read my other story set in this fantasy world, “The Slayers” is available as a stand-alone short story at Amazon.com and Smashwords.
Finally, as a reminder to those friends in Las Cruces, I am signing books today from 10am until noon at COAS Books Downtown. I hope you’ll drop in and say “hi!”