From October 23-25, I will be at MileHiCon 47 in Denver, Colorado. The convention will be held at the Hyatt Regency Tech Center at 7800 E. Tufts Avenue. The author guests of honor are Kevin Hearne and Kristine Kathryn Rusch. The artist guest of honor is Ursula Vernon and the Toastmaster is James Van Pelt. My schedule is as follows:
Friday, October 23
- 8-9pm – Autograph Alley – Atrium. Presuming I make it to Denver in time, I will be available at autograph alley along with my books! You’ll also find many of the other authors represented. Be sure to drop by and learn about their books!
Saturday, October 24
- Noon-1pm – 19th Century Martians – Wind River A. Join David B. Riley and me as we discuss discoveries made about Mars in the nineteenth century and why people expected to find intelligent life there.
- 2-3pm – MHC Poetry Reading – Mesa Verde A. Join Gail Barton, Stace Jonson, Deena Larson, Aaron Michael Ritchey, Angela Roquet, and me as we explore the worlds of science fictional, fantastic, and horror poetry.
- 4-5pm – Where’s the Punk in Steampunk – Mesa Verde C. Why are most steampunk stories written around upper class characters, and how can we bring the “punk” into steampunk? I’ll be moderating this panel featuring David Boop, Jason Heller, Kronda Seibert, and Carrie Vaughn.
Sunday, October 25
- 10-11am – Autograph Table – Atrium. In case you missed me, or I was delayed getting to MileHiCon on Friday, I do have an autograph session scheduled in the Atrium on Sunday. Who Else Books in the dealer’s room will have a selection of my books, and I’ll have a few as well, if they run out!
- Noon-1pm – Reimagining Anime – Mesa Verde C. Classic anime such as Space Battleship Yamato, Gatchaman, Rurouni Kenshin and Space Pirate Captain Harlock have all had recent live action or CGI animated movies. How successful were they, and what anime would you like to see reimagined either as live action or rebooted for a modern audience? On the panel with me are Mike Clarke, B Edumunds, Ross Watson, and Corie Weaver.
- 1-2pm – Flash Fiction Discussion and Reading – Wind River B. Join Lou J. Berger, David Boop, U. Vernon, and me for some flash fiction tales.
- 2-3pm – That’s a Laugh: Why Do We Crave Humor in Fiction – Mesa Verde A. What does humor accomplish, and why do readers want it? Panelists will also share great examples of humorous writing/authors. On the panel with me are Carol Hightshoe, Betsy Dornbusch, Patrick Hester, and John E. Stith.