I’m pleased to announce that the latest anthology from Hadrosaur Productions, Kepler’s Cowboys is now available for pre-order. Ebook copies will be delivered on March 1. The plan is that we will ship the paperbacks by March 1 as well. Here are the details about the book.
NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has discovered thousands of new planets.
Visiting, much less settling, those worlds will provide innumerable challenges.
The men and women who make the journey will be those who don’t fear the odds.
They’ll be Kepler’s Cowboys.
Saddle up and take an unforgettable journey to distant star systems. Meet new life forms—some willing to be your friend and others who will see you as the invader. Fight for justice in a lawless frontier. Go on a quest for a few dollars more. David Lee Summers, author of the popular Clockwork Legion novels, and Steve B. Howell, head of the Space Sciences and Astrobiology Division at NASA Ames Research Center, have edited this exciting, fun, and rollicking anthology of fourteen stories and five poems by such authors as Patrick Thomas, Jaleta Clegg, Anthony R. Cardno, L.J. Bonham, and many more!
Here are the complete list of stories, poems, and authors you’ll find in the anthology:
- Introduction by Steve B. Howell and David Lee Summers
- Step Right Up by Louise Webster
- Pele’s Gift by Gene Mederos
- Over the Ridge by Terrie Leigh Relf
- Chasing May by Anthony R. Cardno
- Aperture Shudder by Jesse Bosh
- Voyage to the Water World by Livia Finucci
- The Silent Giants by Simon Bleaken
- Calamari Rodeo by David Lee Summers
- Tears for Terra by J.A. Campbell and Rebecca McFarland
- Kismet Kate by Neal Wilgus
- Carbon Copies by David L. Drake
- Assembler by Doug Williams
- Twin Suns of the Mushroom Kingdom by Jaleta Clegg
- Point of View by Lauren McBride
- A Very Public Hanging by L.J. Bonham
- The Outlaw from Aran by Vaughn Wright
- The Misery of Gold by Steve B. Howell
- Backstabbers and Sidewinders by Patrick Thomas
- Forsaken by the God-Star by Gary W. Davis
- About the Authors
I’m really excited about this new collection. When we published A Kepler’s Dozen back in 2013, we were just beginning to comprehend the vast array of planets that exist outside our solar system. Four years later, we’ve unleashed a talented group of authors on this literal sandbox of alien worlds to see where they took us. This collection was a real delight to edit. We explore water worlds, terrestrial worlds, and gas giants. Our “cowboys” range from folks who would be at home in a western movie to machines that learn to think for themselves. We travel to alien worlds and even have an alien from a Kepler world travel to Earth in the 1800s.
You can pre-order the paperback of Kepler’s Cowboys at Hadrosaur Productions for a special discounted price of $12.95 until March 1.